Kevin Smith, M.D.
I believe the best medical decisions are made in a cooperative effort between caring doctors and well informed patients. I treat each patient as a unique and individual case. Together, coupled with the latest advances and cutting edge, we can provide the care that is best for you and your specific injury.
Hand, Wrist, Elbow, Shoulder care including:
- Sprains, strains, tendinitis
- Fracture Care
- Carpal tunnel, Cubital tunnel, nerve injury
- Arthritis Care
- Tendon injury
- Joint replacement of shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand
- Arthroscopy of shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand
Special Procedure Techniques
- Mini-open Carpal Tunnel Release
- Wrist, elbow, Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Minimally Invasive/Fragment Specific fixation wrist/hand fractures
- Biomet Zip Loop minimally invasive treatment for elbow tendon/ligament repair
- BS Biochemistry – The University of Oklahoma (Honors Graduate)
- MD – Texas A&M College of Medicine (AOA/Honors Graduate)
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency – Texas A&M University/Scott&White Hospital
- Fellowship in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery – The University of Chicago
Dr. Kevin Smith is a hand and upper extremity surgeon working at Texas Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine. He is originally from Conroe and attended Conroe High School. Dr. Smith graduated from the University of Oklahoma with Honors and then received his medical degree from Texas A&M College of Medicine, graduating with highest honors and granted admission into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He received his orthopedic training at Scott& White Hospital and continued with advanced fellowship training in hand and upper extremity surgery at The University of Chicago. During his training, he worked directly under Dr Daniel Mass, one of the worlds leading experts in tendon injury and upper extremity surgery. He recently returned to the Tomball/Woodlands area after being associate professor of upper extremity surgery at Scott& White Hospital. There he instructed residents and young surgeons on the latest techniques and trauma care for upper extremity injuries. Throughout his career, he has learned, performed and researched the most advanced and cutting edge techniques in hand and upper extremity care and has provided care for several major league baseball teams and has been one of the team physicians for the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks.
Currently, he enjoys taking care of the entire spectrum of upper extremity injuries and patients, and enjoys the multi-disciplinary approach of orthopedic treatment at Texas Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine. He continues to be very active in the community and assists in athletic coverage for several local high schools and organizations - Cy-Creek, DeKaney, Klein, Klein Forest, Klein Collins, Waller, Magnolia, Magnolia West, and Tomball High Schools. He lives in The Woodlands with his wife Emily and their two boys Luke and Charlie.