- Undergraduate: Southern Methodist University 1991-1995
- Fellowships: Texas Back Institute 2004-2005
- Residencies: Scott and White Hospital, Texas A&M Health Sciences Center Orthopaedic Surgery
Educational Honors and Recognition
- Highest Honors Graduate – University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- Medical School Class Rank: 3 in class of 220
- 99th percentile – American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Written Exam
- Edward Randall Award – Academic Excellence - UTMB
- Herman A. Barnett Award – Academic Excellence - UTMB
- AOA Medical Honor Society – 1997-1999
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa – Inducted 1995
- Southern Methodist University Dean's List – '95, '94, '93, '92, '91
- Golden Key National Honor Society, 1993-1994
- President – Phi Delta Theta Fraternity, Southern Methodist University, 1994-1995
Dr. Leahy believes in taking a conservative approach to treating the spine. "In my practice, surgical treatment of spinal disorders is always a last resort. It is only after exhaustive conservative efforts have been attempted that surgery is appropriate. I feel that this is the safest approach to treating the spine and allows for the best surgical outcomes."
Dr. Leahy is a strong proponent of minimally invasive surgical techniques including nonfusion procedures such as artificial disc replacement. He is proficient in all of the most current surgical techniques in the treatment of spinal disorders. He incorporates these treatment alternatives into his practice whenever possible.
"Every patient is different and will require an individualized treatment plan," Dr. Leahy said. "I want my patients to know that I will take a very thorough approach to treating their spinal issues."
Doctor in the Community
- Dr. Leahy is the Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon for multiple high School athletic programs in the community.
Dr. Leahy grew up in the Houston area. He is a graduate of Memorial High School. He and his wife Jay have two children, Andrew and Marlow Grace.
In his spare time, he enjoys being with his family as much as possible. He is the coach of all of his son's sports teams. He also enjoys many outdoor activities such as skiing, hunting and hiking.
13603 Michel Road
Tomball, TX 77375
- Surgical and Nonsurgical Treatment of the Cervical
- Thoracic and Lumbar Spine
Special Procedure Techniques
- Cervical and Lumbar Artificial Disc Replacement
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- EXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF)
- Minimally Invasive Fusion Procedures
Years of Practice
2005 – Present
Years studied in Specialty
Has participated on Physician Panel on Great Day Houston with Deborah Duncan.